Do you have a payment plan?
We honor Paypal Credit. Paypal Credit offers interest free financing, and is available for all your APPA purchases.
I am a parent looking to learn more about Placenta Encapsulation. Where should I go?
Please visit here to learn more about Placenta Encapsulation.
Can anyone take this course, anywhere?
Yes! APPA is international and meets the needs of placenta professionals in all nations. APPA is unique in that it’s advanced enough to meet the needs of even the most experienced professionals, while also attending to the more basic needs of someone who has never even touched a placenta.
What’s the training like?
We offer seven self-paced training modules through a sophisticated online platform. Our platform is mobile friendly, using steps to help you move through the program on your own schedule. You will have a year to complete your coursework. While each module is different, you can expect videos, demonstrations, multimedia, and discussion, as well as reading.
Each module has several tasks for you to complete. Each task will not only help you understand the concepts, but will support you with crucial building blocks to your new placenta business.
Can I do this training while working?
Yes! Our training platform is mobile friendly and can be accessed anywhere you have internet access. You’ll have a year to complete the program, so you can work at your own pace.
Are there any additional expenses?
The APPA training course requires the student to select and read two books from a list of three. You will need to either purchase or borrow these books.
- Placenta: The Gift of Life
- Placenta the Forgotten Chakra
- Repurpose Your Placenta
- APPA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Professional Placenta Service Providers must be completed and maintained annually.
- This course is designed for Professional Placenta Service Providers to be able to identify and prevent the potential transmission of bloodborne diseases. This training is designed to meet the requirements of OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard – 29CFR 1910.1030
- If you are just starting your placenta arts business, you will need to purchase your equipment and supplies. We will go over these items in great detail in our training content. You can purchase some supplies from our APPA store or elsewhere. You can expect approximately $200 for supplies and equipment depending on your needs.
- If you are an experienced provider, you may need to purchase some new equipment or supplies that align with APPA’s safety and standards.
What methods are covered?
All of the most common preparation methods are covered. Steamed and raw start capsules, tinctures, salves, cord keepsakes, placenta prints and even smoothies.
Once certified, how will continued affiliation with APPA benefit me and my business?
We want our APPACs to remain connected and up-to-date once they’ve become certified. To do so, we host a robust community post-certification! We’ll keep you in the loop regarding everything in the placenta world. We do this through our APPAC Portal, which is where our APPA Certified Placenta Arts Specialists can access all new and noteworthy information.
- Periodic newsletter,The Dehydrator’s Digest
- Online social community for APPACs
- APPAC discounts to the Afterbirth Confab and other continuing ed opportunities
- Personalized “APPA Certified” icon and logo use for your marketing materials
- Continued support from APPA’s faculty and staff
- APPA module content
- “APPA Certified” listing in the APPA directory
- Dated APPA Certified Badge for marketing and website use
- APPA Certified Swag
What about placenta stem cell therapies?
Stem Cell Therapy is a highly regulated medical procedure that is outside the scope of practice for placenta encapsulation specialists. APPA does not support placenta consumption for anyone other than the birthing person or for the purpose of stem cell therapies.
Does APPA have restrictions on preparation location or method?
APPA has no restrictions on prep location in terms of preparing in the client’s home vs. the specialist’s workspace. At APPA, professional autonomy is important. We feel the best decisions are made when you, the professional, have complete information to make the decision that feels right for you. We provide comprehensive information, which allows you to tailor your practice to you and your client’s needs and desires.