Now that you know all about us start your certification journey!? Whether you’re looking to begin a new career in the placenta arts or are an established birth professional looking to expand your services, our course will teach you everything you need to know to prepare placentas safely and professionally.
Our course is designed to completely prepare you to start your placenta encapsulation practice. From creating your business documents to identifying the most commonly seen anomalies, and more importantly, keeping you and your clients safe. We expect each module will take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete or 3-6 months for the entire course.
Many placenta encapsulation programs offer weekend certification programs or short self-study programs. That’s not our style. At APPA, we feel that placenta arts certification should equal a degree of training not acquired in a matter of days or even weeks. We developed the APPA program as a result of many requests from previously trained providers for a more comprehensive professional training. We aren’t just training you to prepare placentas safely for your clients, we are training you to be an expert in all things placenta, with detailed knowledge of safety, research, business startup, preparation arts, anatomy, and postpartum expectations.
Our comprehensive, fully-online program includes:
- An introduction module with resources to help you navigate the program
- Seven hefty training modules packed with information
- Placenta Anatomy & Physiology
- Research: What We Know
- Placenta Traditions
- Safety & Sanitation
- Placenta Arts & Applications
- Postpartum Expectations & Postnatal Mood disorders
- COVID-19 Resource module
- APPAC Member’s Portal
- Three hours of professional one-on-one mentoring
- Access to a private, judgment-free social community designed to facilitate peer-to-peer learning
- APPAC Designation (annual renewal)
- Personalized documents and board reviewed preparation protocols to start your business
- FREE listing in our website APPA directory
- Discounted rate for APPA’s Placenta Arts specific OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Student discounts to APPA sponsored events like The Afterbirth Confab